- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Police mum about accident that blocked Interstate 55
Police weren't releasing details late Thursday about a morning wreck that blocked traffic on Interstate 55 near the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
Inquiries to Cape Girardeau police and the Missouri State Highway Patrol about the accident were directed to the Scott City Police Department, the agency that investigated the accident. But Scott City police said Thursday afternoon that a report wouldn't be ready until today, and no details would be released until then.
The accident, which happened during the morning commute before 8 a.m., blocked traffic on the interstate.
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, Cape Girardeau, Mo.