- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Police mum about accident that blocked Interstate 55
Police weren't releasing details late Thursday about a morning wreck that blocked traffic on Interstate 55 near the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport.
Inquiries to Cape Girardeau police and the Missouri State Highway Patrol about the accident were directed to the Scott City Police Department, the agency that investigated the accident. But Scott City police said Thursday afternoon that a report wouldn't be ready until today, and no details would be released until then.
The accident, which happened during the morning commute before 8 a.m., blocked traffic on the interstate.
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, Cape Girardeau, Mo.