- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Speak Out 1/3/13
Why don't the schools put at least one armed officer at each school and hire three to four security officers in plain clothes to work at each school under the direction of the police? Whether they would be allowed to carry a firearm would be up to the discretion of the police and school. This is less costly than hiring more police officers. The main thing here is to deter any threat at the perimeter.
Since the brand new Cape Central High School auditorium was built "not" to seat the entire faculty and student body, does that also mean the future laptop program currently being discussed will run "just a little short" for students as well as teachers, thus making them buy their own?