- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Speak Out 1/3/13
Why don't the schools put at least one armed officer at each school and hire three to four security officers in plain clothes to work at each school under the direction of the police? Whether they would be allowed to carry a firearm would be up to the discretion of the police and school. This is less costly than hiring more police officers. The main thing here is to deter any threat at the perimeter.
Since the brand new Cape Central High School auditorium was built "not" to seat the entire faculty and student body, does that also mean the future laptop program currently being discussed will run "just a little short" for students as well as teachers, thus making them buy their own?