- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
It's called the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament. But for the last two years, the local December classic has been all Charleston.
Sunday evening the Blue Jays defeated Central High School 62-42 at the Show Me Center to capture their second consecutive Christmas title and 17th overall. In the team's three tournament games its closest win was by 18 points. That game was against Jackson, which took third place.
Not surprisingly, Charleston was well represented on the all-tournament team. All-tournament honors went to Michael Hull (Charleston), Trey Watkins (Charleston), Garan Evans (Central), Jamal Cox (Central), Karson King (Jackson), Blake Reynolds (Jackson), Cody Debrock (Notre Dame), Alex Heuring (Oran), Lane Below (Advance) and Kyle Stroder (Leopold).
This year's tournament got a late start, with the first day's games canceled due to winter weather. Still, attendance for the four days was 17,615.
If you missed any of the action or want to relive the fun, check out semoball.com. There you can read stories, watch video, view photo galleries and more.
Thank you to all who participated in the tournament. From the players and coaches, to the referees, organizers, parents, fans and sponsors, you help make this the quality sporting event that it is. We look forward to seeing you at the Show Me Center next year.