- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)7
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)79
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
It's called the Southeast Missourian Christmas Tournament. But for the last two years, the local December classic has been all Charleston.
Sunday evening the Blue Jays defeated Central High School 62-42 at the Show Me Center to capture their second consecutive Christmas title and 17th overall. In the team's three tournament games its closest win was by 18 points. That game was against Jackson, which took third place.
Not surprisingly, Charleston was well represented on the all-tournament team. All-tournament honors went to Michael Hull (Charleston), Trey Watkins (Charleston), Garan Evans (Central), Jamal Cox (Central), Karson King (Jackson), Blake Reynolds (Jackson), Cody Debrock (Notre Dame), Alex Heuring (Oran), Lane Below (Advance) and Kyle Stroder (Leopold).
This year's tournament got a late start, with the first day's games canceled due to winter weather. Still, attendance for the four days was 17,615.
If you missed any of the action or want to relive the fun, check out semoball.com. There you can read stories, watch video, view photo galleries and more.
Thank you to all who participated in the tournament. From the players and coaches, to the referees, organizers, parents, fans and sponsors, you help make this the quality sporting event that it is. We look forward to seeing you at the Show Me Center next year.