- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Diocese acknowledges complaint of sexual abuse from 1960s
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Roman Catholic Diocese of Springfield-Cape Girardeau said it has received a credible complaint of sexual abuse against a minor that allegedly occurred in the early to mid-1960s.
The diocese said the accused priest, the Rev. Walter C. Craig, died in 1971.
The diocese has notified civil authorities of the allegation.
Craig was ordained in 1923 for the Archdiocese of St. Louis. His appointments included serving as pastor in Immaculate Conception Parish in Jackson and St. Lawrence Parish in New Hamburg, Mo.
Further details were not released.
New Hamburg, Mo.