- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Carolyn Sue (Mize) Pfaff, 72 of Villa Ridge, passed away very suddenly Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 at her residence.
She was born Dec. 30, 1940 at Wetaug, Ill., daughter of Albert Mize and Blanche (Gulley) Mize.
Sue was a member of the Mounds Church of Christ and a retired teacher's aide with the Meridian Community School District # 101 of Mounds, Ill.
Sue was preceded in death by her father, and her husband, Cecil Pfaff, in June 2010.
Survivors include a son, Rodney (Missy) Pfaff; a daughter, Amy (Dale) Kerr; her mother, Blanche Mize; and a brother, Kenneth (Carol Jean) Mize, all of Villa Ridge; three grandsons, Dustin and Cody Kerr, and Nathan Pfaff; several nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
Graveside memorial services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Rose Hill Cemetery in Pulaski, Ill., with the Rev. Ron Gulley officiating. Family and friends are asked to meet at the cemetery Friday prior to services.
Jones Funeral Home, Villa Ridge, is in charge of the arrangements.