- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Carolyn Sue (Mize) Pfaff, 72 of Villa Ridge, passed away very suddenly Monday, Dec. 31, 2012 at her residence.
She was born Dec. 30, 1940 at Wetaug, Ill., daughter of Albert Mize and Blanche (Gulley) Mize.
Sue was a member of the Mounds Church of Christ and a retired teacher's aide with the Meridian Community School District # 101 of Mounds, Ill.
Sue was preceded in death by her father, and her husband, Cecil Pfaff, in June 2010.
Survivors include a son, Rodney (Missy) Pfaff; a daughter, Amy (Dale) Kerr; her mother, Blanche Mize; and a brother, Kenneth (Carol Jean) Mize, all of Villa Ridge; three grandsons, Dustin and Cody Kerr, and Nathan Pfaff; several nieces, nephews and other relatives.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge.
Graveside memorial services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Rose Hill Cemetery in Pulaski, Ill., with the Rev. Ron Gulley officiating. Family and friends are asked to meet at the cemetery Friday prior to services.
Jones Funeral Home, Villa Ridge, is in charge of the arrangements.