- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Ann L. Whitfield, 95, died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born Oct. 7, 1917, in Vanduser, Mo., daughter of the late Henry Sylvester and Emma Louise Bollinger Whitfield. They moved to Chaffee on Oct. 7, 1924. She attended St. Ambrose Grade School, and after graduating from Chaffee High School she worked for 18 years as a bookkeeper at the Chaffee Bldg. and Loan Ass'n (now Montgomery Bank), and P.N. Keller Insurance Agency. She then entered a partnership with Robert and Juanita Capshaw forming Ann's Insurance Agency which she operated until her retirement.
She was lifelong member of St. Ambrose Church, belonged to the Daughters of St. Ambrose, Chaffee Chamber of Commerce, American Legion Post 389 and was a 60-year member of the Chaffee VFW Auxiliary Post 3127. After she retired, she was an active community volunteer, with her favorite projects being the Chaffee Public Library, Meals on Wheels, RSVP, Chaffee Nutrition Center, Chaffee Historical Society and volunteering at St. Ambrose Catholic School.
Survivors include a brother-in-law, William Yeager of Cape Girardeau, and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by one brother and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 5 p.m. Tuesday. Parish rosary will be held at 7 p.m. at the chapel.
Funeral mass will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church with the Rev. Randy Tochtrop as celebrant. Burial will follow in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers memorial may be made to St. Ambrose Catholic School.