- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Ruby Phillips, 83, died Sunday, Dec. 30, 2012, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee.
She was born in Tyronza, Ark., on Dec. 3, 1929, daughter of the late Oscar and Nina Robertson Sr. She married Willard "Shorty" Phillips on May 25, 1948 and he survives.
Ruby was a member of the First United Methodist Church of Chaffee.
Survivors include her husband Willard of Chaffee; two daughters, Phyllis (Ronnie) Eifert and Judy (Elvis) Abernathy of Chaffee; one brother, Oscar Robertson Jr. of Jackson, Tenn.; one half-brother, George (Ladina) Roberstson of Lake Placid, Fla.; four grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by one brother, Jimmie Robertson, and one half-sister, Alice Freeman.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Union Park Cemetery with the Rev. Gwen Streeter officiating.