- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Actress Kate Winslet weds nephew of Richard Branson
NEW YORK -- Kate Winslet has tied the knot again.
The Oscar-winning actress wed Ned Rocknroll in New York earlier this month. The private ceremony was attended by Winslet's two children, a few friends and family members, her representative said.
It is the third marriage for the 37-year-old Winslet, who won a Best Actress Oscar for her performance in the 2008 film "The Reader." She previously wed film directors Jim Threapleton and Sam Mendes.
The 34-year-old Rocknroll, who was born Abel Smith, is a nephew of billionaire Virgin Group founder Richard Branson.
The couple had been engaged since last summer.
In August 2011, Winslet and her children were staying at Branson's house in the Caribbean when it caught fire during a tropical storm and burned down. Winslet carried Branson's 90-year-old mother to safety.
Branson was staying in another property on the island, and no one was injured.