- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
As we approach New Year's Eve tomorrow, there will be fun to be had as individuals, churches, organizations and other local establishments ring in the new year. While there are many options, a couple of parties will combine a good time with a good cause.
The United Way will host its Reveal 2013 Masquerade Ball beginning at 7 p.m. Monday at the Venue in Cape Girardeau. There will be live music by Midlife Crisis and Lawdogg, as well as auctions, hors d'oeuvres, a photo booth, complimentary Champagne at midnight and a cash bar. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the United Way office, JCS Tel-Link or Bold Marketing. For more information, call 334-9634.
The third annual St. Jude Benefit kicks off at 5 p.m. Monday at the Arena Building. As of Friday afternoon, tickets, which are $50, were available. To check on availability or to purchase tickets, go to Concepts Styling Salon in Cape Girardeau or call 887-1081 or 382-2812. 2-Chef's Catering will serve dinner, and there will be auctions, a photo booth, live music by The Big Ticket and raffles among the festivities.
These are just a couple of great options to bring in the new year. The bonus is that both events benefit important causes.
To read about other New Year's Eve parties in the area, visit semoevents.com and check out Page 2 of the Southeast Missourian.
We hope you have a fun and safe evening.