- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
As we approach New Year's Eve tomorrow, there will be fun to be had as individuals, churches, organizations and other local establishments ring in the new year. While there are many options, a couple of parties will combine a good time with a good cause.
The United Way will host its Reveal 2013 Masquerade Ball beginning at 7 p.m. Monday at the Venue in Cape Girardeau. There will be live music by Midlife Crisis and Lawdogg, as well as auctions, hors d'oeuvres, a photo booth, complimentary Champagne at midnight and a cash bar. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the United Way office, JCS Tel-Link or Bold Marketing. For more information, call 334-9634.
The third annual St. Jude Benefit kicks off at 5 p.m. Monday at the Arena Building. As of Friday afternoon, tickets, which are $50, were available. To check on availability or to purchase tickets, go to Concepts Styling Salon in Cape Girardeau or call 887-1081 or 382-2812. 2-Chef's Catering will serve dinner, and there will be auctions, a photo booth, live music by The Big Ticket and raffles among the festivities.
These are just a couple of great options to bring in the new year. The bonus is that both events benefit important causes.
To read about other New Year's Eve parties in the area, visit semoevents.com and check out Page 2 of the Southeast Missourian.
We hope you have a fun and safe evening.