- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)8
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
As we approach New Year's Eve tomorrow, there will be fun to be had as individuals, churches, organizations and other local establishments ring in the new year. While there are many options, a couple of parties will combine a good time with a good cause.
The United Way will host its Reveal 2013 Masquerade Ball beginning at 7 p.m. Monday at the Venue in Cape Girardeau. There will be live music by Midlife Crisis and Lawdogg, as well as auctions, hors d'oeuvres, a photo booth, complimentary Champagne at midnight and a cash bar. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the United Way office, JCS Tel-Link or Bold Marketing. For more information, call 334-9634.
The third annual St. Jude Benefit kicks off at 5 p.m. Monday at the Arena Building. As of Friday afternoon, tickets, which are $50, were available. To check on availability or to purchase tickets, go to Concepts Styling Salon in Cape Girardeau or call 887-1081 or 382-2812. 2-Chef's Catering will serve dinner, and there will be auctions, a photo booth, live music by The Big Ticket and raffles among the festivities.
These are just a couple of great options to bring in the new year. The bonus is that both events benefit important causes.
To read about other New Year's Eve parties in the area, visit semoevents.com and check out Page 2 of the Southeast Missourian.
We hope you have a fun and safe evening.