- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
As we approach New Year's Eve tomorrow, there will be fun to be had as individuals, churches, organizations and other local establishments ring in the new year. While there are many options, a couple of parties will combine a good time with a good cause.
The United Way will host its Reveal 2013 Masquerade Ball beginning at 7 p.m. Monday at the Venue in Cape Girardeau. There will be live music by Midlife Crisis and Lawdogg, as well as auctions, hors d'oeuvres, a photo booth, complimentary Champagne at midnight and a cash bar. Tickets are $50 and can be purchased at the United Way office, JCS Tel-Link or Bold Marketing. For more information, call 334-9634.
The third annual St. Jude Benefit kicks off at 5 p.m. Monday at the Arena Building. As of Friday afternoon, tickets, which are $50, were available. To check on availability or to purchase tickets, go to Concepts Styling Salon in Cape Girardeau or call 887-1081 or 382-2812. 2-Chef's Catering will serve dinner, and there will be auctions, a photo booth, live music by The Big Ticket and raffles among the festivities.
These are just a couple of great options to bring in the new year. The bonus is that both events benefit important causes.
To read about other New Year's Eve parties in the area, visit semoevents.com and check out Page 2 of the Southeast Missourian.
We hope you have a fun and safe evening.