- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)10
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
Local 4-Her Places 4th at National Contest
2012 National 4-H Poultry & Egg Conference
The 2012 National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference was held November 14-15 at the Kentucky Fair and Exposition Center in Louisville. This annual conference allows 4-H'ers from all over the country to compete in educational events that help them learn to make and defend decisions, speak publicly, and gain poultry-related skills. This annual 4-H conference included a Poultry Judging contest. Participants judged ready-to-cook chicken and turkey carcasses, live production hens with oral reasons, broken out eggs, exterior shells of eggs, candled eggs, and parts identification.
At the 2012 National 4-H Poultry and Egg Conference, 154 senior 4-H'ers, representing 25 states, participated as teams or individuals in the various events. Twenty-one teams and four independent individuals participated in the Poultry Judging contest.
Top ranking teams were Pennsylvania (1st), Florida (2nd), Ohio (3rd), Missouri (4th),
Georgia (5th), Arkansas (6th), Maryland (7th), Indiana (8th), Virginia (9th), and Louisiana (10th).
Renee Peters, of the Tilsit 4-H Club, represented Cape Girardeau County and Missouri at this national contest, helping the Missouri team place fourth overall.