- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Winter storm warning in effect
The National Weather Service has now issued a winter storm warning for Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois.
The warning was issued Friday evening, canceling an earlier winter storm advisory. The weather service said from Friday night to 6 a.m. Saturday, when the warning expires, 3 to 6 inches of snow accumulation is expected in Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois, with locally higher amounts possible. Snow could be heavy at times overnight.
Driving could become hazardous as temperatures reach near or below freezing.