- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Man injured in semi vs. car crash near Jackson
A Friedheim man received serious injuries when the Honda Civic he was driving slid beneath a trailer being pulled by a semi.
Brett R. Schermerhorn, 22, was hurt when his vehicle slid under the trailer at about 1:38 p.m. Friday on Highway 72, one mile west of Jackson, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's online crash report.
He was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
The driver of the 1999 Freightliner tractor-trailer, 42-year-old William D. Dorris of Lowndes, Mo., received minor injuries.
The crash occurred as Dorris was pulling out of a private drive. Schermerhorn's car topped a hill with limited sight distance at high speed and struck the trailer, according to the patrol's report.
Highway 72, Jackson, MO