- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Billy Ray Thurlkill, 71, of Cape Girardeau passed away Wednesday, Dec. 26, 2012.
He was born Feb. 26, 1941, in Gilmer, Texas, son of the late William and Virginia Thurlkill. He and Sally Ann Randol were married Oct. 23, 1970, in Cape Girardeau.
Billy was a side boom operator on pipelines, including the Great Alaskan pipeline, and in Saudi Arabia. He worked for RB Potashnick Construction Co. and freelanced across the country.
He was a member of the SEMO HOG, the Harold O. Grauel Lodge 672 and Scottish Rite as a 32nd Degree Mason.
He is survived by his wife, Sally Ann Thurlkill; a daughter, Lori Mosley; a son, Billy (Mary Kay) Thurlkill; grandchildren Damone Mosley, Deanna Mosley and Tessa Thurlkill; mother-in-law Edith and father-in-law Ben Adams; sisters-in-law Maxine (Jim) Abernathy, Rose (Sam) Isaacs, Connie Randol and Sherri (Scott) Summers; a brother, Ronnie Thurlkill; and a nephew, Jason Thurlkill of Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents; brothers Larry and Bobby Thurlkill; and father-in-law Silas Randol.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral service will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rocky Tallent officiating. Burial will be at Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial donations are requested to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.