- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)2
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Speak Out 12/28/12
With what happened in Michigan, it is now crystal clear that the price we are paying for "free" trade and globalization is a return to cheap labor and the end of the possibility that working men and women may, through diligence and the sweat of their brow, be upwardly mobile and remain in or make it into the middle class. In fact, the opposite will occur, with once-middle-class workers being reduced to little more than wage slaves.
If you looked at how much is spent on foreign aid as to what all the government expenses, it is very little. However, it is the easiest thing to see as it is in the news more than anything else. There are lots of programs that could be cut that wouldn't affect Social Security or Medicare and Medicaid. But most benefit the rich and they will not even be discussed in the news.