- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ferry closed by high winds, ice
HICKMAN, Ky. (AP) - Kentucky transportation officials say the Dorena-Hickman ferry has been closed.
The ferry carries vehicles over the Mississippi River between Kentucky Highway 1354 in Hickman and Missouri Route A and Highway 77 near Dorena. The ferry is the only direct route between the states.
The Kentucky Department of Transportation says in a statement that the closure is due to high winds and ice on the landing ramps.
The area is under a blizzard warning.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.