- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Melvin Dennis Anielak, 68, of Benton died Sunday, Dec. 23, 2012, in St. Louis.
He was born Dec. 12, 1944, in St. Louis, to the late Walter Stanislaus and Rose Drozkowska Anielak. He grew up in St. Louis, and was a 1962 graduate of St. John the Baptist High School and a 1965 graduate of the David Ranken Jr. School of Mechanical Trades. He worked as a computer technician from 1965 until his retirement in 2012. He was an avid, lifelong gardener, and lavished care and attention on the dog and cat companions who graced his life.
On Oct. 4, 1969, in St. Louis, he married Sharon Frances Gunter, who survives of the home. He is also survived by a sister, Arlene Husemann of Creve Coeur, Mo., and many nieces and nephews, cousins, in-laws and friends.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton, and from 9 a.m. until time of service Thursday at St. Denis Catholic church in Benton.
Funeral mass will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the church, with the Rev. Michael Casteel as celebrant. Burial will be in the St. Denis Catholic Cemetery.