- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Hazel L. Harris, 80, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, at her home.
She was born Monday, Feb. 8, 1932, in Marvell, Ark., to Coatney and Mae Ethel Lowery Rollie. She was married to Walter Harris Jr., and this union was blessed with nine children.
Survivors include nine children, Diane Hall, DDS, of Cape Girardeau, James E. Harris of Sacramento, Calif., Kenneth J. Harris of Buffalo, N.Y., Emma Lynn Harvey of Sacramento, Shelia F. (Marvin) Blakely of Buffalo, Courtney N. (Krista) Harris of Lehi, Utah, Gwendolyn D. Edwards of Odenton, Md., Stephen (Yamonda) Harris of Little Rock, Ark., and Makesia R. (Walter) Boyd of Gainesville, Va.; three sisters, Nevader Simes of West Helena, Ark.; and Luevenuer Johnson and Fannie Nickles of Kansas City, Mo.; a brother, Dennis Rollie of Kansas City; 21 grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Walter Harris Jr.; a sister, Ruby McCain; and a brother, Elmo Rollie.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with Jerry Westbrook officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be sent to the family in care of Ford and Sons Funeral Home, 1001 S. Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.