- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Three hurt in collision with train near Dudley
DUDLEY, Mo. -- Three Essex, Mo., residents sustained serious injuries Saturday when the vehicle they were traveling in failed to stop at a marked railroad crossing southwest of Dudley on County Road 691 and was struck by an eastbound train, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The accident occurred at 10:40 a.m., the patrol said.
The driver of the truck, Gary Sanders, 47, was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. Passenger Earl E. Christian, 21, was airlifted to Saint Francis and passenger Kayla L. Christian, 27, was taken by ambulance to Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center.
According to the patrol, none of the truck's occupants were wearing seat belts.