- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Perryville man injured in rollover accident
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- A 71-year-old Perryville man remained hospitalized in serious condition Sunday night after he was involved in a rollover accident the night before, according to authorities.
Joseph D. Hudson was driving his 2001 Lincoln Grand Marquis north on Route T at about 9:15 p.m. when it veered off the road, struck a mailbox and overturned, preliminary crash reports from the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.
Hudson was taken to a Cape Girardeau hospital by helicopter.
The accident took place north of Perry County Road 702. Hudson was wearing his seat belt, the patrol said. A Saint Francis Medical Center operator confirmed that Hudson's condition was unchanged late Sunday.