- Andrew Jackson bridal shop under new ownership (12/31/12)
- Perryville company behind Kentucky distillery (12/17/12)
- Regional unemployment down, retail sales holding (12/10/12)
- Realtors glad to see rebound in home sales (12/03/12)
- United Way campaign jumps off to strong start (11/26/12)
- Join in to share Black Friday shopping stories (11/19/12)
- Rustmedia to focus on social media marketing (11/12/12)
Ameren Missouri seeks new transmission line
Ameren Missouri has filed an application with the Missouri Public Service Commission seeking permission to install, own, operate and maintain a new 345,000-volt overhead electric transmission line in Cape Girardeau County.
According to the application, the transmission line is part of a larger project that includes the construction of a new substation, the Heritage Substation, located west of Cape Girardeau and upgrades to the existing Lutesville, Wedekind and Cape Girardeau, substations.
The project includes the construction of approximately two miles of a 161,000-volt line. The Lutesville to Heritage transmission line project is estimated at $55 million to $75 million. It was the subject of public meetings in Cape Girardeau this fall. Construction is scheduled to begin in the spring of 2014 with the line in service by December 2015.
Applications to intervene and participate in this case must be filed by Jan. 2, with the Secretary of the Missouri Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 360, Jefferson City, MO 65102, or by using the Commission's electronic filing and information service.
Individuals who would like to submit comments to the Office of the Public Counsel may do so at P.O. Box 2230, Jefferson City, MO 65102-2230, telephone 1-866-922-2959, email email@example.com or the Public Service Commission Staff, P.O. Box 360, Jefferson City, MO 65102, telephone 1-800-392-4211, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The Office of the Public Counsel is a separate state agency that represents the general public in cases before the Public Service Commission.
* Southeast Cancer Center's Radiation Oncology department once again has earned national accreditation from the American College of Radiology, making it one of only eight such facilities in Missouri, and the only one in Southeast Missouri, to receive this recognition for its radiation treatments. The department earned accreditation in 2009 and was recently reaccredited for another three years. Only about 500 radiation oncology centers nationwide have earned this accreditation, which reflects the staffing levels, training and technical equipment needed to provide patients with radiation therapy. The latest accreditation for SoutheastHEALTH comes on top of ACR accreditation of the Southeast Breast Care & Diagnostic Center last year. The center is recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the ACR, the only facility in the Cape Girardeau area to be designated as such.
* The MakinThePlay talk show, hosted by Rob Johnson of Cape Girardeau, will air from 2 to 3 p.m. every Monday through Friday on the Southeast Missouri ESPN Network 1220/1470 AM beginning Jan. 7. Johnson describes MakinThePlay as a "premier sports and whatever talk show" that brings a new perspective to local and national sports topics including Mizzou, Southeast Missouri State University and NASCAR and pop culture news. The show will take calls and emails from listeners and have an interactive chat board, and streaming audio and video at www.makintheplay.com.
Southeast Missourian Business Editor Melissa Miller can be reached by email at email@example.com or by phone at 388-3646.