- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Four Scott County teens hurt in crash
Four Benton, Mo., teenagers were injured, one seriously, in a single-car accident Saturday morning when their SUV crossed the center of a rural Scott County road and ran into a tree.
All four of the young men were transported by ambulance to a Cape Girardeau hospital after the collision that took place shortly after 11 a.m. three miles north of Blodgett, Mo., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol's preliminary crash report.
Passenger Niculi Phelps, 17, was listed in serious condition at Saint Francis Medical Center; driver Cody R. Cochran, 18, and passenger Thomas C. Ratledge, 18, were said to have moderate injuries; and passenger Travis Sehlinger, 17, was listed as having minor injuries, the patrol said.
The accident happened as the 2001 Chevy Tracker was traveling north on County Road 405. All four were wearing seat belts in the vehicle that reportedly was considered a total loss.