- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Sharon Hines Turner, 64, of Jackson passed away Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 7, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Robert F. and Laree Randol Smithey. She and Joe Hines were married Jan. 16, 1970. He passed away Jan. 13, 1980. She and Donald E. Turner were married May 30, 1995. He passed away Nov. 26, 2012.
Sharon was a 1966 graduate of Shawnee High School in Wolf Lake, Ill. She worked in the laundry department at Southeast Hospital for 24 years, retiring in early 2011 due to failing health. One of her favorite past-times was spending family time at the home of Dorothy Hines.
Loving survivors include a daughter, Leigh Ann (Mike) Green of Sedgewickville, Mo.; a son, David Joe (Nicky) Hines of Jackson; a stepson, Kenny (Tory) Turner of Patton, Mo.; four sisters; a brother; four granddaughters; and three step-granddaughters.
In addition to her husbands, she was preceded in death by her parents.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson, with the Rev. Bobby Smithey officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may be made to Jackson Church of Christ Thursday School.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.