- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Shelton E. Fulton, 89, of Jackson passed away Thursday, Dec. 20, 2012, at Monticello House in Jackson.
He was born Sept. 9, 1923, in Kennett, Mo., son of Elisha E. and Emma Ellen Mayfield Fulton. He and Virginia Davault were united in marriage Dec. 28, 1941.
Fulton served his country proudly in the U.S. Army.
He was a produce manager for Safeway Food Inc., and was a member of First Baptist Church of Jackson.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia of Jackson; a stepbrother, Charles Fulbright of Marble Hill, Mo.; two granddaughters, Erin Leigh (Stewart) Wagner of Garden City, Kan., and Jenna Gayle (Pobzeb) Armerding of Colorado Springs, Colo.; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Sandra Sue Davis; three brothers; and a sister.
The funeral was Saturday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, with Tommy Weems officiating. Burial was in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.