- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Warchild RG sharing the holiday spirit.
During the winter holidays so many take for granted how blessed they are to have more than one place to be for that traditional dinner, surrounded by family and friends. Regrettably, not all are as blessed, many seniors are not as fortunate. Some are forced to spend the holidays alone; without family and friends to pay them a visit. Knowing this the members of Warchild Riding Group, based out of Sandy's Toddle Inn in Chaffee, host a special Christmas Party every year for the residents of the Missouri Veterans Home located in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
Members of the Riding Group gathered at the Cape Girardeau VFW post 3838 to share the Christmas spirit with a few of the Veterans who were able to attend. Both groups enjoyed a merry ol' time dancing the night away. A light dinner was brought in by the members of Warchild to be enjoyed by all, while Brad Sample the groups President donated his talents spinning the tunes, playing Old Christmas classics as well as some Big Band and Swing. The best part of the evening was watching the joy overcome the faces of the Veterans in attendance. Knowing they were not forgotten during the holiday season meant everything to them.
Warchild Riding Group is best known as a group of motor cycle enthusiasts who raise funds and collect can tabs to support the children of St. Jude in Memphis. They also support the Missouri Veterans home in Cape Girardeau. Each year the group hosts a Poker Run to raise funds for the Veterans Entertainment fund. This year the group presented representatives from the home with a check for $2000. Along with several movies, games and puzzle to add to the residents "fun room."
All of these good works have been made possible by one man and his dream; Thank you David "P-Nut' Grimes for having the courage and dedication to make a difference!!
It's a GREAT day to be WarChild!!!
If you would like to learn more about the GOOD works being done by "P-Nut" Grimes legacy, the Warchild Riding Group, or to make a donation, buy a coloring book, supporter merchandise or to learn what it takes to become a member of Warchild, find us online at http://warchildrg.weebly.com/ Or on Facebook at Warchild Rg.
Please take a few moments from your holiday celebrations to spend with a senior neighbor or one of the many residents of our local retirement homes. I assure you it will fill your heart with warmth while bringing great joy to theirs.