- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Anna man sentenced on escape, theft charges
JONESBORO, Ill. -- An Anna, Ill., man was sentenced Friday on felony escape and theft charges.
Mark C. Cole, 39, was sentenced to seven years in prison on one felony charge of escape, according to a news release from Union County State's Attorney Tyler R. Edmonds. Cole, who was in custody, briefly fled on foot from Union County Sheriff's deputies in October. He was being transported from a court appearance.
Cole also was sentenced to a concurrent term of six years for felony retail theft, after pleading guilty for taking merchandise from an Anna retailer in October.
Pertinent address: Anna, Ill.