- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Wherley - Koenig
Caitlin Nicole Wherley and Andrew Leighton Koenig were married June 9, 2012, in an outdoor ceremony at Cherry Hill Events Center in Columbia, Mo. Katherine Hays, pastor of Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Springfield, Mo., performed the ceremony. Vocalist was Taylor Dickerson of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Jim and Kristin Wherley of Richville, Minn. The groom is the son of Larry and Tammie Koenig of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Emily Mattke of Davenport, Iowa. Bridesmaids were Jill Overall and Dannah Moore of Springfield, Sara Holm of Grimes, Iowa, and Lauren Bird of Farmington, Mo. Junior bridesmaid was Madelyn Ward of Nixa, Mo.
Austin Koenig of Jackson was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Don Perry, Aaron Kothe and Donovan Tousignant, all of Jackson, and Blake Oldson of Cape Girardeau. Junior groomsman was Jacob Simmons of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Jake Wherley, brother of the bride, and Nick Mattke of Davenport.
The reception was held at Cherry Hill Center.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at Stoney Creek Inn in Columbia.
Mrs. Koenig is a 2008 graduate of Ozark High School in Ozark, Mo. She received a bachelor of arts degree in magazine journalism from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2011. She is a freelance writer for Soapbox Media.
The groom is a 2008 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of arts degree in microbiology, cell and molecular biology and biotechnology from Southeast Missouri State University in 2011. He is pursuing a doctorate in molecular and developmental biology at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio.
After a wedding trip to New York City, the couple is residing in Cincinnati.