- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Marybelle M. Edwards, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Dec. 19, 2012, at Jackson Manor.
She was born Oct. 24, 1925, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Joseph and Francis Simpher Logel. She and Harry Marcellus Edwards were married Dec. 18, 1943.
Her vocation in life was a homemaker and she honored it well. Her greatest joy was to help someone in need and make that "special pot of soup". Baseball season was Belle's favorite time of year. She loved the sport and could discuss it with anyone.
She is survived by a son, Mark (Jean) Edwards of Millersville; a daughter, Donna Coram of Jackson; and three granddaughters, Crystal Edwards of Oak Ridge and Ashlyn and Brittany Edwards of Bell City.
She was preceded in death by her parents and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. David Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.