- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
31 year Tradition continues at FOE #3775
A 31 year tradition was continued December 15, 2012 at the Fraternal Order of Eagles Aerie #3775 in Cape Girardeau. With a start of only about 20 baskets, it has grown to over 125 this year.
Baskets were filled with many food items, while taking into consideration health issues like diabetes. Candy, oranges, apples, popcorn and candy were included, as well as Christmas gifts for those families having children.
The Christmas Basket Committee consisted of Chairman and Worthy President of the Aerie, Richard Nenninger and his wife Judy, who kept track of all the paperwork involved in this undertaking. Others who worked equally hard were Angela Winschel, Dave Popp, Paul Crader, Liz Leimes, Don Cox and Dennis Enyart. A heartfelt thanks to the volunteers who came to cook breakfast and fill the baskets.
A big EAGLE thank you to our corporate sponsors this year, because without their help we would not have been able to meet our goal. The Freedom of the Road Riders, who collected toys, The Medicine Shop, The great Band Night Shift, the War Child Motorcycle Club of Chaffee, Chaffee Nursing Home and Margie White, who collected toys throughout the year.
A SPECIAL thanks to Food Giant, Gilster Mary Lee, Prairie Farms Dairy and Bollinger Farms for items that were either donated or sold to us at a discounted price.
Fund raising has already started for next years baskets and we hope to exceed this years number. Anyone wanting to help may contact the local Aerie. All donations greatly appreciated