- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Two arrested on drug charges near Chaffee
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Police say they seized 31 pounds of marijuana and arrested two people in Chaffee on Tuesday.
The SEMO Drug Task Force said in a news release that officers intercepted the drugs, which were coming from El Paso, Texas, at 86 County Road 224 near Chaffee. Two people, 27-year-old Ashley A. Williams and 29-year-old Shawn E. Pearson, were arrested and were being held at the Scott County Sheriff's Department pending charges for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
86 County Road 224, Chaffee, Mo.