- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Passenger gets 90 days in county jail in car theft
A judge sentenced Marcus E. Jones to 90 days in the county jail Monday for his role in the theft of a car that allegedly was intentionally driven into a group of local joggers in late October.
Judge Gary Kamp on Monday handed down the sentence, which followed convictions of two misdemeanors. Jones, of Cotton Plant, Ark., pleaded guilty to vehicle tampering Oct. 29 and was found guilty of resisting arrest by Kamp after a Nov. 21 bench trial in which Jones served as his own counsel. Jones was said to be a passenger in the car.
Vincent T. Anderson, a 19-year-old Little Rock, Ark., man who was charged with stealing a car and then purposefully steering into the runners, is to be arraigned in circuit court next month.