- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Speak Out 12/17/12
Nice people here
I want to speak about the police officer in New York who bought shoes for a homeless man. We have a man here in Cape Girardeau who does a lot of things. He helped an old lady whose pipes were frozen. What the man did in New York was nice, but we've got some nice people here.
One needs only to drive around town and observe the ubiquitous piles of leaves on every curb to conclude the city's new leaf system is not working. They should revert to the old system and test new proposed systems.
What an incredible surprise that Rep. Emerson is ready to retire after just winning re-election. You mention a lot of people who might be interested in running for her position, but we don't know what they believe in. Is there anyone in this group who believes we should have a balanced budget? If there is, then that's the person I'm for.
Wealth and worries
The caller who said they barely make enough money to be considered wealthy and to raise taxes on this person: I would say if caller is making over $250,000 a year, they are wealthy and shouldn't cry. Many Americans would be happy to make this much money. If you make that much, you have nothing to worry about.
Meaning of Christmas
My hope is for everyone to remember and appreciate the meaning of Christmas. I invite you all to take the time to ask yourselves one question. Is it worth going further into debt to provide those around you with items that they do not need?
Anyone who complains about their leaves not being picked up on time needs to find a better way to spend their time.