- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Police: No arrests in reported armed robberies Saturday night
No one had been arrested late Sunday, police said, following two armed robberies in Cape Girardeau the previous night -- one in which the suspect reportedly pulled a handgun on a store clerk and another allegedly perpetrated against a single victim by three men and a woman with knives.
Police were dispatched to Dollar General at 64 S. Plaza Way after a report that a man there was brandishing a weapon, Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said in a news release.
Later a victim reported that he was robbed on a city sidewalk near the Rhodes 101 at 10 S. West End Blvd., police said.
The call from Dollar General came in at about 8:15 p.m. An employee told police that a man wearing a dark hooded jacket and dark jeans with a baseball cap brandished a handgun at the register, Hickey said. The man fled on foot with money, he said.
About 45 minutes later, police responded to a report from an individual alleging a robbery by three men and a woman with knives, Hickey said. The robbery allegedly took place as the person walked on a sidewalk near the convenience store. The victim told police the four people punched him in the face. The victim was later taken to a hospital. The suspects got away with cash and medication, Hickey said, though the type of medication wasn't specified.
While the investigations continued, according to police Sunday night, arrests had not been made in either case. The fatal shooting that took place early Sunday morning at a Cape Girardeau night club had many officers busy with the more serious offense of a potential homicide, police said.
64 S. Plaza Way, Cape Girardeau, Mo.
10 S. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau, Mo.