- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
Old Town Cape announces winner of shopping spree
Old Town Cape held their annual Downtown Christmas Open House on Friday, December 7 from 5 to 9 p.m.
One of the main attractions during the Downtown Christmas Open House was the chance to compete for a $1500 downtown shopping spree. Shoppers had to register to receive their ticket packet and submit at least one ticket into a Christmas box at one of the 17 participating businesses. However, they had more chances to win if they submitted more tickets.
The $1500 downtown shopping spree was awarded to Katie Farrall on Wednesday, December 12. Her
entry number was drawn from among the 872 entries. "I plan to do some Christmas shopping with the money and will also share it with friends and those that aren't so fortunate," said Farrall.
The shopping spree has to be spent at the 17 businesses that participated in the Downtown Christmas Open House.
The Downtown Christmas Open House was made possible by the Christmas in Old Town Cape sponsors: Drury Southwest, Rhodes 101 Convenience Stores and Regions Bank. In addition, this event was a success thanks to the Southeast Missourian, our media sponsor.
Old Town Cape is a community driven, nonprofit organization that utilizes the Four-Point Main Street Approach™ to preserve, promote, revitalize, and enrich the historic, cultural, and economic landscapes of
downtown Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Old Town Is Your Town!