- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Old Town Cape announces winner of shopping spree
Old Town Cape held their annual Downtown Christmas Open House on Friday, December 7 from 5 to 9 p.m.
One of the main attractions during the Downtown Christmas Open House was the chance to compete for a $1500 downtown shopping spree. Shoppers had to register to receive their ticket packet and submit at least one ticket into a Christmas box at one of the 17 participating businesses. However, they had more chances to win if they submitted more tickets.
The $1500 downtown shopping spree was awarded to Katie Farrall on Wednesday, December 12. Her
entry number was drawn from among the 872 entries. "I plan to do some Christmas shopping with the money and will also share it with friends and those that aren't so fortunate," said Farrall.
The shopping spree has to be spent at the 17 businesses that participated in the Downtown Christmas Open House.
The Downtown Christmas Open House was made possible by the Christmas in Old Town Cape sponsors: Drury Southwest, Rhodes 101 Convenience Stores and Regions Bank. In addition, this event was a success thanks to the Southeast Missourian, our media sponsor.
Old Town Cape is a community driven, nonprofit organization that utilizes the Four-Point Main Street Approach™ to preserve, promote, revitalize, and enrich the historic, cultural, and economic landscapes of
downtown Cape Girardeau, Missouri. Old Town Is Your Town!