- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
On Nov. 15 the veterans outfit at the VA home served the best Thanksgiving dinner to veterans and their families. I'd like to thank the staff who went above and beyond. It was a very good dinner, and thanks to all the people who donated their time. As a volunteer, I enjoyed the time there. It was a good time. A wonderful meal with great service.
Thank you for Broadway, Harry. It looks very nice. It's a shame it's not in Tampa, Fla., where there's no winter weather. What will they do when the snow comes? The bricks will not allow the salt, and the blade on the plow is wider than the street. What are we going to do when it snows?
It must have been sour grapes day in Speak Out. Maybe some are still getting called losers after the election. The Southeast Missourian never says anything positive about Obama, never mind that the people elected him. Perhaps Obama was elected because we care that there are children who don't have food on the table and we care about people outside of the United States.
I was thinking as I watched TV that Obama wanting to raise taxes to pay for his deficit spending is like a person running up his credit card bills and asking for a raise to pay the debt off. That's what he's doing to the people. He wants us, his boss, to pay off his debt. Why doesn't he do something himself instead of getting someone else to cover his tracks.
To the Washington lawmakers, when you give $46 billion a year to foreign countries, how do you expect to balance the budget. Don't cut Medicare or Medicaid. We are Americans, they are not.