- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Helping Abuse Victims This Season
Many organizations need your help this season, and SEMO Network Against Sexual Violence (dba) Beacon Health Center is no exception.
Our agency has 7 families consisting of 13 kids who need help with Chritmas gifts. All of these kids, and or one of their siblings, has been a victim of physical or sexual abuse.
The families are screened by agency staff to ensure that they are truly in need of assistance for their children.
If you have the ability to adopt any of these families please contact Beacon Health Center at 332-1900. Donations of money will allow us to purchase gifts for the kids or you can request a list of gifts the kids have requested and bring the gifts to any of the Beacon offices in Cape, Benton or Perryville.