- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Southeast Missouri State's Peiffer collects third postseason All-American honor
The accolades continue to accumulate for Southeast Missouri State senior linebacker Blake Peiffer.
Peiffer, already named the Ohio Valley Conference Defensive Player of the Year, was selected a third-team Football Championship Subdivision All-American by the Sports Network on Monday.
Peiffer, a graduate of Jackson High School, recorded 117 tackles during his final season with the Redhawks. It was the second consecutive year he finished with more than 100 tackles, and he ranks third on Southeast's career list with 359 tackles.
Peiffer has been named to two other All-American teams this year: College Sports Madness (first team) and College Sports (second team).
-- Staff report