- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Kenneth Scott Bryan, 38, of St. Louis died Saturday, Dec. 8, 2012, at St. Mary's Hospital.
He was born July 26, 1974, in Cape Girardeau to Kenneth and Diane Naeter Bryan. Scott was married to Tina Ballance of Wolf Lake, Ill., on Nov. 28, 1998.
Scott was employed by SFP Landscaping Inc. of St. Louis, and previously worked at Dalhousie Golf Club in Cape Girardeau.
He adored his wife and beloved dog, Riley, and had an enduring love of nature. He was kind, generous and a genuine human being who could instill laughter with his gentle and humorous way. He will be so dearly missed by his family and friends.
Survivors include his wife, Tina; his parents of Cape Girardeau; a sister and brother-in-law, Georgia (Ken) Braucksick and their two daughters; two half siblings, Rhea Jean (Jeff) Slough and Teresa (Tracy) Simmons; mother-in-law, Mary Ballance of Wolf Lake; six brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Mindy (David) Livesay, Angie (David) McMahan, Tim (Karen) Ballance, Dennis (Linda) Ballance, June (Richard) Vanover and Audrey (Brad) Burchyett; 12 nephews; and seven nieces.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandparents, Kenneth and Jacqulyn Bryan; and maternal grandparents, Harry and Grada "Babe" Naeter.
Visitation for family and friends will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with a celebration of life beginning at 7 p.m.
A memorial fund has been established in Scott's honor. Contributions may be made in his name at the funeral home or Wood & Huston Bank, attn: Ms. Claudia Murphy, 111 S. Broadview St., Cape Girardeau, MO, 335-7366.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.