- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Slumberland Furn. donates beds to local families!
This holiday season, Slumberland Furniture is working to provide families in need with new beds through its annual Making Homes for the Holidays program. On Monday, December 10th, Slumberland loaded up 20 mattress & box spring sets, frames, sheets & homemade quilts & distributed them to local families in need. Slumberland worked with Love Inc. in finding those families in need.
The Making Homes for the Holidays program began in 1993. SInce then, Slumberland has donated more than 20,000 new mattresses & box springs to deserving families.
"For far too many children, a warm bed has become a luxury, especially in today's tough economic environment. With Making Homes for the Holidays, Slumberland is working to ensure that everyone in the communities gets a healthy night's sleep," said Jack Ford, Slumberland's owner.