- Emergency c-section on dead mother saves baby following I-55 wreck (05/15/16)19
- Police charge Perryville man with statutory rape of two underage girls (05/17/16)
- Big drug haul made during Cape Girardeau bust (05/17/16)11
- Cape businessman pleads guilty to food-stamp fraud (05/17/16)14
- Teen shot outside apartment off Lorimier Street (05/20/16)39
- Body found Thursday at Ranney Park in Cape (05/20/16)10
- Bollinger County deputies bust man on meth-for-sex sting (05/20/16)2
- Area farmer pleads guilty to fraud (05/18/16)1
- Perryville man accused of grabbing woman around throat, pulling out her hair (05/18/16)1
- Suspected drunk driver facing felony charges after couple dies in crash (05/16/16)
Slumberland Furn. donates beds to local families!
This holiday season, Slumberland Furniture is working to provide families in need with new beds through its annual Making Homes for the Holidays program. On Monday, December 10th, Slumberland loaded up 20 mattress & box spring sets, frames, sheets & homemade quilts & distributed them to local families in need. Slumberland worked with Love Inc. in finding those families in need.
The Making Homes for the Holidays program began in 1993. SInce then, Slumberland has donated more than 20,000 new mattresses & box springs to deserving families.
"For far too many children, a warm bed has become a luxury, especially in today's tough economic environment. With Making Homes for the Holidays, Slumberland is working to ensure that everyone in the communities gets a healthy night's sleep," said Jack Ford, Slumberland's owner.