- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Slumberland Furn. donates beds to local families!
This holiday season, Slumberland Furniture is working to provide families in need with new beds through its annual Making Homes for the Holidays program. On Monday, December 10th, Slumberland loaded up 20 mattress & box spring sets, frames, sheets & homemade quilts & distributed them to local families in need. Slumberland worked with Love Inc. in finding those families in need.
The Making Homes for the Holidays program began in 1993. SInce then, Slumberland has donated more than 20,000 new mattresses & box springs to deserving families.
"For far too many children, a warm bed has become a luxury, especially in today's tough economic environment. With Making Homes for the Holidays, Slumberland is working to ensure that everyone in the communities gets a healthy night's sleep," said Jack Ford, Slumberland's owner.