- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Slumberland Furn. donates beds to local families!
This holiday season, Slumberland Furniture is working to provide families in need with new beds through its annual Making Homes for the Holidays program. On Monday, December 10th, Slumberland loaded up 20 mattress & box spring sets, frames, sheets & homemade quilts & distributed them to local families in need. Slumberland worked with Love Inc. in finding those families in need.
The Making Homes for the Holidays program began in 1993. SInce then, Slumberland has donated more than 20,000 new mattresses & box springs to deserving families.
"For far too many children, a warm bed has become a luxury, especially in today's tough economic environment. With Making Homes for the Holidays, Slumberland is working to ensure that everyone in the communities gets a healthy night's sleep," said Jack Ford, Slumberland's owner.