- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
After church services recently my husband and I, along with another couple, went to Bob Evans for lunch. When we were ready to leave, our waitress, much to our surprise, said our lunch had been paid for by a young family at an adjoining table. I had bumped this young man trying to get my husband's wheelchair up to the table. The message they left was "Merry Christmas." This reassures our belief that there are wonderful people out there who truly care for others. This act of generosity and kindness makes us want to go and do something good for someone else. We wish to extend a special thank you to this young family and wish them a Merry Christmas and God's blessings.
We're going to miss Kathy Swan in the city of Cape Girardeau. And I think the trolley is a wonderful idea.
I was watching the news where they are trying to provide drivers licenses to illegal immigrants. For the life of me, I still don't know why they are letting illegal immigrants drive in the first place. If we can identify them, why not send them home or make them apply to be legal? It doesn't make any sense to me. Why give a license to someone who is illegal?
No more Elmo
To Elmo of Sesame Street: Sorry buddy, you won't find your place under the Christmas tree this year.