- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Brother, sister charged with 2nd-degree robbery
A Cape Girardeau brother and sister were arrested Wednesday on second-degree robbery charges.
Sierra L. Irions, 18, and Ryan G. Irions, 17, were in custody at the Cape Girardeau County Jail late Thursday. Each was being held on $30,000 bond.
Both have arraignments scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday before Judge Gary Kamp.
The siblings each were charged with single counts of second-degree robbery, which carries a possible maximum sentence of 15 years in prison.
Charges stem from a July 21 incident in which a 14-year-old Cape Girardeau boy claims Sierra and Ryan Irions were two of four people who jumped him on Perryville Road and stole two cellphones.
No suspects were identified for nearly five months until the victim recognized the pair during a chance encounter at a fast-food restaurant.
Perryville Road, Cape Girardeau, Mo.