- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- William "Bill" Paxton, 85, of Sikeston passed away Friday, Dec. 7, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Oct. 27, 1927, in Cardwell, Mo., to the late T.J. and Naomi Moore Paxton.
Bill was a private first class in the Army Air Corps, which was later known as the Air Force. He married Lela Davidson Nov. 16, 1974. She survives of the home.
Other survivors are two sons, William and Stephen Paxton of Sikeston; six daughters, Linda McCoy of St. Louis, Donna Graham of Essex, Mo., Debrah Williams and Elizabeth Smith of Cleveland, Tenn., and Enjoli Paxton and Jessica Womack of Sikeston; 20 grandchildren; and 23 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a daughter, Peggy Ann Paxton; and a sister.
Friends may call from 10:30 a.m. until the time of the funeral at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran, Mo. The Rev. Lloyd Latham will be officiating.
Full honors with a graveside military service will be given at the Missouri Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Mo.