- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Stephan G. Rickard, 69, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
He was born Tuesday, April 27, 1943, at St. Louis to the late Thelvan F. and Dorothy Froeschle Rickard.
Stephan was a 1965 graduate of Southeast Missouri State University and attended the University of Missouri in St. Louis. He worked with the IRS for more than 20 years as a revenue officer, was a member of the Cape Girardeau Pilots Club for more than 13 years and former pilot for Semo Aviation out of Malden, Mo.
He is survived by his wife of 41 years, Caryl Wilkinson Rickard of Cape Girardeau; two sons, Gregory (Nicole) Nelson of Wilmington, N.C., Grant Rickard and his partner Mark Valen of Los Angeles; a sister, Mary (David) Libla of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; two grandchildren, Olivia and Nicholas Nelson of Wilmington; several nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.
A celebration of life will be at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Burial will be at St. Marcus Cemetery in St. Louis at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Cape Girardeau Senior Center or the Humane Society.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.