- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Geraldine B. Hughey, 85, of Perryville died Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Independent Care Center of Perry County.
She was born on April. 21, 1927 in Perryville, daughter of John F. and Anna Kayser Bangert. She and Fred C. Hughey married April 5, 1947. He preceded her in death on May 4, 2001.
Mrs. Hughey had been a custodian and was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Gail (Ken) Ochs of Cape Girardeau and Sandy (John) Picou of Ste. Genevieve, Mo.; a son, Larry Hughey of Hydro, Okla.; 10 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, two daughters and four sisters.
Friends may call at Young & Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, and 8 a.m. to time of service at 1 p.m. Sunday. Rev. Dennis Cebulak is officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Serenity Hospice or American Cancer Society for breast cancer.
Young & Sons Funeral Home, Inc. in Perryville, provided the arrangements.