- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Woodfin - Vangorkom
Ashley Jeanette Woodfin and Patrick Ryan VanGorkom were married June 9, 2012, at First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Bill Vincent performed the ceremony. Organist was Roger Craft, and vocalists were Dr. Peter Durow and Jodi Durow, all of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Todd and Cheryl Woodfin of Advance, Mo. The groom is the son of John and Kathleen VanGorkom of Pleasant Hill, Mo.
Matron of honor was Tasha Rosenquist of Perryville, Mo. Bridesmaids were Brigid Hagerty of St. Louis; Leslie Thompson of Advance; Lindsey Graves of Lee's Summit, Mo., cousin of the groom; Michele Gooch of Jackson; and Teresa Brandon of Cape Girardeau.
Cory Gooch of Jackson was best man. Groomsmen were Patrick Nakashima-Moran of St. Louis; Robert Ehrenreich of Los Angeles; Bradley Graves of Kansas City, Mo., cousin of the groom; Jordan Clothier of Topeka, Kan.; and Nick Brandon of Cape Girardeau. Ushers were Cody Gaither and Grant Woodfin of Advance, brothers of the bride; and John VanGorkom Jr. of Nixa, Mo., brother of the groom.
Flower girl was Xandria Gooch, daughter of Cory and Michele Gooch. Ringbearer was Wyatt Rosenquist, son of Nathan and Tasha Rosenquist.
The reception was held at The Venue in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 8 at Bella Italia.
Mrs. VanGorkom is a 2005 graduate of Advance High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in biomedical science from Southeast Missouri State University, and a degree in medical laboratory science from SoutheastHEALTH College of Nursing and Health Sciences in 2011. She is a medical laboratory scientist in the clinical laboratory at Saint Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Pleasant Hill High School. He received a bachelor of health science degree with an emphasis in nuclear medicine from the University of Missouri in 2005. He is a nuclear medicine technologist at Saint Francis.
After a wedding trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, the couple is residing in Jackson.