- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Southeast Missouri State track and field teams open indoor season
Southeast Missouri State track and field teams open their indoor season today at the Eastern Illinois Early Bird in Charleston, Ill.
"It has been a great fall for us and the main thing is we need to keep getting better," Southeast coach Eric Crumpecker said in a release.
The Redhawks will compete in nine meets during the indoor season, including two home meets: Feb. 1 against SIU Edwardsville and Feb. 15 with the annual Redhawks Invitational.
Following today's competition, the Redhawks don't have another meet until Jan. 11 at SIU Carbondale.
Southeast has one more intrasquad meet before the semester break, today at 5 p.m. in Parker Gymnasium.
"We're excited to see where we are with the fall concluding," Southeast coach Kristi Ewasko said in a release. "The gymnasts have worked very hard this preseason."
The Redhawks open the season Jan. 18 at Lindenwood University.
-- From staff reports