- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Chaffee woman hurt in one-vehicle crash
A 50-year-old Chaffee, Mo., woman was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries Wednesday morning after the midsize pickup in which she was riding veered off the roadway and into an embankment.
Charlotte P. Mann was in a 2011 Chevy Colorado driven by Natasha Holweg of Scott City when the wreck took place at about 11:40 a.m., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The women were traveling west on Route A near Dutchtown when the vehicle angled off the road and struck an earthen wall, the patrol said in its crash reports. Mann was not wearing her seat belt and was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center.
It was not immediately clear to the patrol whether Holweg, 33, was wearing her seat belt, but she was uninjured. The report notes that Holweg had no insurance and that her pickup sustained extensive damage.
Route A, Dutchtown, Mo.