- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Chaffee woman hurt in one-vehicle crash
A 50-year-old Chaffee, Mo., woman was taken to a hospital with moderate injuries Wednesday morning after the midsize pickup in which she was riding veered off the roadway and into an embankment.
Charlotte P. Mann was in a 2011 Chevy Colorado driven by Natasha Holweg of Scott City when the wreck took place at about 11:40 a.m., according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol.
The women were traveling west on Route A near Dutchtown when the vehicle angled off the road and struck an earthen wall, the patrol said in its crash reports. Mann was not wearing her seat belt and was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center.
It was not immediately clear to the patrol whether Holweg, 33, was wearing her seat belt, but she was uninjured. The report notes that Holweg had no insurance and that her pickup sustained extensive damage.
Route A, Dutchtown, Mo.