- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Marita K. Nelson, 89, of Perryville died Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at the Independence Care Center of Perry County.
She was born Sept. 16, 1923, in Perryville, daughter of Louis Arthur and Cornelia Theresa "Nealy" Gieringer Loiseau. She and Loy Hudson Nelson were married May 7, 1949. He preceded her in death July 17, 2011.
Marita and Loy were owners/operators of Nelson's Shop for Children on the square in Perryville. She was a retired secretary with numerous years of service with the Perry County School District. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville. She was a 1940 graduate of St. Vincent High School.
Survivors include four sons, Stephen (Terry) Nelson of Cape Girardeau, Kent (Brenda) Nelson of Perryville, Thomas (Verna) Nelson of Cape Girardeau, Douglas (Susi) Nelson of St. Louis; a brother, James (Mildred) Loiseau of Windsor, Colo.; eight grandchildren, Ashley Weinkein, Michael, Emma, Oliva, Samuel and Claire Nelson, Nathan and Chad Boyher; and two great-grandchildren, Garet Weinkein and Miley Boyher.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and three brothers, Louis Loiseau Jr., Paul and John "Jack" Loiseau.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until time of service Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, 1000 Rosati Court, Perryville.
Funeral Mass will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the church, with the Rev. Milton Ryan officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to St. Vincent de Paul High School Endowment, Cardinal Glennon Hospital or St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.