- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Margie Catherine Huber, 74, of Ellisville, Mo., died Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at Bethesda Meadow in Ellisville.
She was born Dec. 11, 1937, in Creve Coeur, Mo., to Thomas J. and Mabel Caroline Feltz Moore. She and Norbert Huber were married April 27, 1957, in Perryville, Mo. He preceded her in death March 24, 1977.
Margie was a graduate of St. Vincent High School in Perryville. She lived on Edgewood Road in Cape Girardeau from 1963 until 2010. She was a waitress at Colonial Inn, Ramada Inn and Drury Lodge. She later did clerical work at VIP Industries. She was a member of St. Mary Cathedral and Council of Catholic Women.
Survivors include four sons, Don Huber (Teresa) of Louisville, Ky., Jerry Huber (Carol) and Mark Huber of St. Louis, Larry Huber (Cathy) of Memphis, Tenn.; a daughter, Gloria Huber of Atlanta; a sister, Sister. Doris Moore of Little Rock, Ark.; nine grandchildren, Michelle Renee Huber of Charleston, S.C., Jordan Thomas Smith and Chelsea Nicole Smith of Atlanta, Caitlin Kelly Huber, Sarah Elizabeth Huber and Grace Elizabeth Huber of St. Louis, Morgan Danielle Huber of Memphis, Emma Catherine Huber of St. Louis and Lyndsey Paige Huber of Memphis.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and an infant brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Mary Cathedral, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer and the Rev. Patrick Nwokoye officiating. Burial will follow in St. Boniface Cemetery in Perryville.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Mary Grade School or the ALS Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.