- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Linda Sue LaFentres, 45, of Scott City died Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at SoutheastHEALTH Medical Plaza in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 16, 1966, in Cape Girardeau to Paul J. and Nancy N. Mack Backfisch. She and Doug C. LaFentres were married Nov. 4, 1988, in Benton, Mo.
Linda was the general manager of Pilot Travel Centers in Charleston, Mo. She was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso, Mo.
She is survived by her parents of Scott City; three daughters, Ashtin Cohn of Scott City, Suzanna Ballard of Jackson, Brooke LaFentres of Scott City; a sister, Lisa Wasiloski of Tuscola, Ill.; three grandchildren, Maddelyn Rynn, Alexandra Cohn and Ray Ballard IV.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City. Parish prayers will be at 7:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin as celebrant. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery in Commerce, Mo.